The High Performance Center constitutes a unique platform across the participating institutes for the following core competences:
- Systems design & integration
- New functional materials
- Components and related fabrication technologies
- Assessment of reliability.
This portfolio of competences is employed to address R&D segments of high relevance for our industry partners, such as:
- Novel materials to enable new functionalities
- Modular heterogeneous wafer systems
- Technology platform for ultrasonic sensors
- Integrated spectrometers and other optical systems employing nanostructured materials
- Sensors and actuators for integration into machine tools.
The High Performance Center offers application- and customer-specific development as well as small series fabrication of components, integrated circuits and system-in-package (SiP-) solutions for sensors and actuators. Cross-institutional use of R&D-expertise and –infrastructure enables systems solutions and demonstrators for sensors and actuators targeted at e.g. “Industry 4.0” applications or, more generally speaking, the internet of things (IoT).